Sunday, December 30, 2007

NGO Security Scenario #12

You are in New York City; in town to visit the headquarters of another humanitarian organization. You have a morning meeting to discuss security coordination efforts in Darfur. As a taxi drops you off in front of the office, you hear a loud explosion. You look down the street towards the sound. Press the play button to find out what you see.



What would you do? How far away from this incident would you feel safe? Once you reached safety, what would you do? Share your thoughts by clicking on COMMENTS below.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts would be "what has happened", and then i see all this smoke and the debris flying all over and i decide then and there that i should get out of here as soon as possible. If the taxi is still there,i will jump on it and go away as for as possible from the scene. If however the taxi is not there, i will join the crowd of people running away from the scene.

Once in a safe place, i would catch my breath, go to my hotel room and take a bath, watch the news and start making arrangements to get out of town as soon as possible.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a burst steam pipe to me. I think I'd feel safe behind the police/fire perimeter but I wouldn't hang around too long. Given the fear and paranoia that grips many in the US these days I think the greatest risk would be that of being arrested for 'suspicious behavior'.

I'd definitely send a text message indicating that I was OK and where I was going.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home